11.2.09

~Put pork on your fork..!~


 I don't eat a lot of meat anymore, but now and then I crave something really savory and only meat will do. Some years ago we had a series of commercials on TV, sponsored by the Ontario Pork Farmers, or something like that. They featured an actor called Frank Thornton, an Englishman, better known as Captain Peacock in "Are you being served" a British sit-com about an old fashioned department store.
The catch phrase was 'put pork on your fork'.
Last week our local supermarket had a great special on pork and so I bought some for the freezer. I cooked this according to the suggestions on the display, cutting slits into the meat using a small pointed knife, and inserted a garlic clove into each one. I used about a dozen. Then rubbed the meat all over with a mixture of olive oil, Dijon mustard, rosemary, salt and pepper. It was then roasted uncovered at 350 F for about an hour and 15 minutes.
You can see cloves of garlic in the slices of meat, and it was delicious. The garlic was sweet and soft, and the smell while it cooked was amazing.

10 comments:

  1. I am sooooooooooo going to try this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aloha Sheila,
    You read my mind..lol. I pulled out a pork roast to do this weekend and Im going to impro the herbs n such from this recipee.
    Yummie!!
    PEace, Kai

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks delicious but I don't put pork (or beef) on my fork anymore! Just some fish and the occasional bit of turkey. I'm sure HB would love this though so I'll save it for him.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I snuck downward and read your other post on flowers and between the two I'm feeling hungry and salt deprived and not about to smell the good scent of fresh flowers. Sigh!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks delicious Sheila and I bet is smells wonderful!

    I have a weakness for bacon, I must admit!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks really good. We eat pork now and then. You can't beat bar-b-que pork.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mmmm - I can smell it now!

    Are You Being Served is one of the top British comedies ever!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. It's always good to have company!