14.2.10

~Happy Valentines Day..~



Happy Valentines day everyone. Have a lovely and loving weekend..



UNENDING LOVE
Rabindranath Tagore
I seem to have loved you in numberless forms, numberless times...
In life after life, in age after age, forever.
My spellbound heart has made and remade the necklace of songs,
That you take as a gift, wear round your neck in your many forms,
In life after life, in age after age, forever.

Whenever I hear old chronicles of love, it's age old pain,
It's ancient tale of being apart or together.

As I stare on and on into the past, in the end you emerge,
Clad in the light of a pole-star, piercing the darkness of time.

You become an image of what is remembered forever.

You and I have floated here on the stream that brings from the fount,
At the heart of time, love of one for another.

We have played along side millions of lovers,
Shared in the same shy sweetness of meeting,the distressful tears of farewell,
Old love but in shapes that renew and renew forever.

14 comments:

  1. Aloha Sheila,
    What lovely prose. I always love this time of the weekend. Extra snuggles for me.. lol.

    I like the picture to.. Have a wonderful weekend, we're actually getting nice weather.. :)
    PEace, Kai

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful, beautiful words there Sheila - hope you and dh have a wonderful ♥ valentines day there! hugs krissie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely... Happy Valentines... have a great sweetie...
    :o)
    hugs
    T
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful.

    Happy Valentine's Day, Sheila!

    Hugs,
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  5. L-O-V-E-ly poetry! Happy Valentine's
    Day to you and your sweet heart!xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tagore, such timeless words.
    Well chosen Mum, happy Valentine's day...xox

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear Shelia,
    The years pass quickly.
    Soon it will be Spring again.
    Thoughts turn to romance and rebirth.
    Happy Valentine's Day.
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful poem.

    It really meant so very much to me and you understand why.

    xoxoxoxoox

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely words of love.
    I had super valentine hugs from my sons and DILs.... that's where REAL love is!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Sheila,
    I hope you had a wonderful Valentine's Day!
    Hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm late....what else is new?!! I hope you enjoyed your Valentine's Day.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This Tagore poem is awesome.
    Love renewing itself forever.
    WOW!
    Here is sharing a bit of that with you!
    Muah!
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. It's always good to have company!