10.6.11

~Lazy, Hazy, Busy Days!~

It is so hot and humid right now, and thunder storms seem to be the order of the day.
We are still sooo busy, Ivo's test results were not what we had hoped, so we are going to the hospital regularly again for immunotherapy and interferon, to try and knock his cancer on it's a**!
We have the boat in the water and everything is shipshape. Problem is we have not had a minute to enjoy it yet, and apart from cleaning it and getting it launched we have only spent one night aboard.
On the home front, we have finally had the porch enclosure installed, the patio door replaced, but the saga of the deck is on going. Trying to renovate something can be so tricky. We are thinking now it would have been easier to demolish it entirely and begin again, it would certainly have been cheaper, and required less patience. I've also been looking after O and B after school two days a week, which is not work but a pleasure and a joy.
My dad's sister lost her husband, my uncle M ( in the UK) and while I was unable to attend the funeral, my cousin Linda did and reconnected with long lost cousins and aunts and uncles.  As she was getting me up to date on what everyone was doing these days,  I was remembering Summers past. Why do memories of childhood summers seem to be filled with endless hot and sunny days, when I'm sure they were not!
With my memory jogged I looked out some old photos, and came across this one, of my dad's two older brothers and their wives taken in the early 50's. The two on the right are gone now, and were  Linda's parents. The other couple are still going strong and are well into their eighties. I'm not sure where the photo was taken, but I would guess the South coast, probably Weymouth.
I hope you are all enjoying the weather, and I promise to visit soon.

9 comments:

  1. Hi Sheila,
    Been thinking about you. I'm sending lots of good wishes for Ivo and hoping for the best.
    What a great photo! I love all the memories that come with them.
    Hope you enjoy more time on the boat. Take care!
    Hugs,
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do so love your old photos sheila.. they do seem kind of happier days back then and sunneir too so I know what you mean. Good luck with the deck and hope you get to enjoy your boat a bit more before summers end. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Sheila,

    Please know that my prayers continue for Ivo. I'm so sorry to hear that the latest test results were not what you both hoped but it sounds like he's a fighter and I have no doubt he will succeed in beating the cancer:-)

    My sympathies on the passing of your uncle M. It's understandable that you couldn't make it to the funeral but glad that your cousin could go and fill you in on all the happenings.

    I love that picture, your uncles and aunts look so carefree and thoroughly enjoying themselves:-) I love the style from the 50's!!

    At the start of this week we had a heatwave for two days and then it turned cool. Today it's raining, windy and 14c so I'm not impressed! lol xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great photo! It is sad when we lose someone special to us, take care. Be healthy and I hope you can get out on the water soon. I think floating in your boat would be so soothing and comforting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Weddings and funerals are when we make the long lost family connections. Make sure that your old photos are labelled so that future generations will know who's who.... just in case they are interested. Usually we wait until it's too late to ask about any family history.
    Good luck to your husband... I'm keeping my fingers crossed for him. And for you too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm keeping you and Ivo in my thoughts and I hope the next bit of news is great.

    The photo is so cool! They all look so happy and you can tell they're having a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Sheila,
    My love to you, Ivo and all. Sending prayers he will soon be well enough for you both to get out on the water,to relax and enjoy. Home improvement projects...yeah we've had a few lately too. Don't you just love living in a construction zone?
    Your picture harkens back to time I too remember in sepia tones.
    sigh
    Love you

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very best wishes for Ivo's recovery and for happy days on your boat this summer.

    Those sepia photos are just magical!

    Lots of love, Lynda xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Continuing prayer for Ivo. Sheila, I hope you can feel my hugs.

    What a great photo of your family!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. It's always good to have company!