22.5.11

~Queen Victoria's Birthday~



Spring, though wet, finally arrived.
Ivo had his second procedure and feels good. We will get the results this Thursday.
I've been spending fun times with my grand daughters and working in the garden. The deck is almost completed and the real work will begin then. I have some plants ready to go in now the threat of frost is passed. This is a long weekend, in honour of Queen Victoria's birthday and the weekend most people plant their gardens here in Southern Ontario. This year I will (optimistically) plant roses.
Between the weather and Ivo's hospital visits we still haven't launched the boat, we hope to do that next week.
You may have noticed I took a little break from blogging. I spent many lazy days reading and busy ones around the house.
This afternoon I'm off to buy cleaning supplies for the boat, so that everything will be "shipshape" in time for the launch.
Enjoy your weekend, whatever your plans.
xox

9 comments:

  1. I missed you and your photos! You always put a smile on my face with your beautiful flowers.

    Have fun cleaning the boat and doing your planting. I hope you have some sunshine and nice weather.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to see you back in blogland Sheila! Your red tulips are lovely. I am having to enjoy everyone else's spring flowers this year as I moved house last fall and there's absolutely nothing in the little flower bed at the new house apart from a few straggly bushes and some healthy weeds. I dug it over a couple of weeks ago but I had a 2 year old "helping me" so it needs to be done again. Then I'll buy some annuals to brighten it up a bit.
    Good wishes to your husband, I how the news on Thursday is good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sheila,
    So very glad to hear that Ivo is feeling good. Hope his tests results are good too.
    The school year is coming to an end here soon so I'll have more free time. Did you know we have a boat? It's a Ranger. Since our children have grown up we have not taken it out much.
    Hope you and Ivo enjoy beautiful days on the water.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well hello mother!! Glad to chat today with you on the telephone. We need to see each other this week for tea and talks!
    Can't wait to see the finished deck. Your yard out back is a paradise already. Me jealous.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Victoria Day Sheila!

    Tea
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the color of those Tulips, Sheila! It's a long weekend for us too(Memorial Day). Lately I end up on longer than planned breaks from blogging...it's just a busy time of enjoying family and spring.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good to hear from you Sheila. Hope Ivo recovers well and you are able to enjoy time on your boat soon. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy day to you, Sheila, and sending good wishes for Ivo. Enjoy your time on the boat!

    Hugs,
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  9. So glad to hear that things are going well with Ivo, hope the results turned out to be really positive for him. Didn't realise that Canada celebrates Queen Victoria's birthday, I wouldn't mind betting that there are very few British people indeed who could tell you exactly when she was born. I'd guess 1822 as the year but had no idea of the day or month.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. It's always good to have company!