13.12.10

~Brrrrr!~

So far we still have no snow to speak of, but it is bone chillingly cold here today.
We ran out early to do a few errands, and were glad to get back home.
I haven't done much decorating, but I have things looking the way I want. I have used a small evergreen in the living room, and decorated it with things made for me by friends and children through the years. Including a bird from the late and much missed Daisy Lupin, along with a small glass angel and a star also from her.
A hand sewn church from Janet @ Me and My Art. and another colourful hand sewn bird from Miss*Robyn, a ceramic cross from Kai, and a lacy angel from Susie Q. All dear blogging friends. Also small framed photos of my grands as babies...you get the idea.
In the family room I have used a small and delightfully tacky silver tree, decorated with shiny chocolate, white frosted and pink shiny baubles. Instead of an angel it has a chocolate coloured feathered hummingbird.
The gifts are all bought and wrapped, but I still haven't baked anything. Next week two of my grand daughters are coming for the day, and we will make cookies together. The little angel on this photo is Madison, our youngest grand daughter, our son's child. Isn't she sweet...even with her lunch all over her face!
She spent a Saturday with me, while the rest of the family went to a hockey game. If you enlarge the photo you will see some of the cheeky looks I got while trying to take her picture. She was watching Frosty the Snowman, and was really enjoying it. She will be two in March.
My sister came for the weekend, and we had great fun. We shopped until I almost dropped (Carol has more staying power than me).  Ask me why I wore heels to go shopping for the day? I wish I knew.  I ended up buying a pair of soft suede flat boots to walk around in, and oh! the relief.
I have to finally admit... it is better to feel good than to look good...yes! I have reached that age.

11 comments:

  1. Love that gorgeous niece of mine...dirty chops and all! And the red on this blog is heavenly. I love the new look!!
    Hey, sometimes it's better to look good until our feet hurt, as it gives us one more thing to shop for right?
    Glad you had fun with Auntie C...!!!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's all looking wonderful Sheila. Your grand-daughter is cute as a button.
    Happy Christmas, dear friend. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. just stopped by to wish you and your family a fantastic Christmas...

    re shoes.. I am the same as you now I always go to the shops in flat shoes, for all that walking around... love your mosiac too! ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely composition, Sheila. little Madison is a doll...she fits right in with the other lovely items. Your blog looks extremely nice!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Madison is a cutie with those rosy cheeks. And I'm sure your little tree looks fantastic with all the goodies on it. I, too, have some special items from Daisy Lupin. She is missed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sheila it was nice to see a bit of your Christmas! Madison is surely a wonderful blessing that you cherish the whole year through!
    Yes feeling good is most important..appearance does not show heart and soul.Have a Merry Christmas dear friend. I plan to be more diligent in my posting and visitng as soon I will snowbird to the desert of Arizona and have lots of free time!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dearest Sheila
    Glad to hear that you are enjoying the season. Your decorations sound funky and cool.Madison is darling.
    It's hard to give up pretty shoes isn't it? I still suffer through with them on VERY special occasions where no alcohol is involved.lol
    Record breaking heat here in Az. 82 degrees today.
    Hope you are keeping warm! Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your granddaughter is adorable, Sheila, just the cutest!! All your holiday decorating looks and sounds wonderful, and I'm glad to hear you had fun shopping with your sister (it's always fun shopping with sisters!)

    Stay warm!
    Hugs,
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your little granddaughter is absolutely precious, look at those eyes of hers!! Loved seeing the pictures of your tree and other decorations in the mosaic, everything looks beautiful. I'm sure you'll have a fun time baking with your other granddaughters:-)

    Isn't it unbelievable how frigid it's been the last couple of days? We've had the high winds for 3 days now so it's making it feel even colder. We got quite a few inches of snow the other day so at least it looks more Christmassy now:-)

    I've learned my lesson about wearing high heeled boots to go shopping...now I put on my flat heeled boots when I know I'll be doing a lot of walking. Looking good isn't worth hurting feet! lol xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for being such a faithful visitor to Our Little Corner Of Paradise this year, dear Sheila :)

    Just popped by during the run up to Christmas to wish you all the best, and happy gardening and storytelling in 2011…WG :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love seeing Madison and also your decoration, including the header. Have a wonderful Christmas enjoying family.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. It's always good to have company!