27.12.10

~A visit from the Chick-a-dees!~

 A SNOW BIRD'S SONG.
The ground was all covered with snow one day,
And two little sisters were busy at play,
When a snow-bird was sitting close by on a tree,
And merrily singing his chick-a-dee-dee,
Chick-a-dee-dee, chick-a-dee-dee,
And merrily singing his chick-a-dee

                 
 He had not been singing that tune very long,
Ere Emily heard him, so loud was his song;
“Oh, sister, look out of the window,” said she,
     “Here’s a dear little bird singing chick-a-dee-dee.  
Chick-a-dee-dee, chick-a-dee-dee,
"Here’s a dear little bird singing chick-a-dee-dee.


“Oh, mother, do get him some stockings and shoes,
And a nice little frock, and a hat if you choose;
I wish he’d come into the parlor, and see
How warm we would make him, poor chick-a-dee-dee!
Chick-a-dee-dee, chick-a-dee-dee,
How warm we would make him, poor chick-a-dee-dee!”


       
“There is One, my dear child, though I cannot tell who,
Has clothed me already, and warm enough too.
Good morning! Oh, who are so happy as we?”
And away he went singing his chick-a-dee-dee.
Chick-a-dee-dee, chick-a-dee-dee,
And away he went singing his chick-a-dee-dee.
(Written by  Zelpha Miller Monticue or F.C. Woodworth.
I have seen both given credit for this.)

Christmas was lovely and it's not over yet.
This evening we are going to my daughter's home to play some Wii games.
Perhaps I can burn off some of the zillion calories I have consumed in the past few days!
I wanted to share these photos of the chick-a-dees that have been visiting us. We have never had so many, they are fun to watch, and quite friendly.
I hope everyone had a great Christmas and you are still enjoying the festivities?
See you soon.

3 comments:

  1. What lovely pictures of those sweet birds, Sheila. Glad to hear you are enjoying the festivities. I love playing Wii, but I do get carried away!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The poem and your photographs are precious.
    I have never seen a chick-a-dee here. Looks like they have plenty to eat to keep fat and fluffy.
    :-)
    Sheila my best to you always.
    Let's have a wonderful new year.

    You could be a snowbird and come to Az.
    ((LOVE))

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the bird photos! You really captured them at the feeder.

    HB and I love our new Wii and have been playing lots of games on it. The first few times I was really stiff and sore the next day! You don't realize how much you're doing because it's so much fun.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. It's always good to have company!