30.11.10

~did I tell you I love red?~

Here we are at the last day of November and I am almost done my Christmas shopping. I had hoped to finish today but still have one large and 3 small things to look for. I hope to get that done tomorrow. I mailed my Christmas cards, and have cut back considerably, now I 'm just sending to family that we will not see over the holidays. Everyone else will receive an e card.
My son and his wife went to Chicago a couple of weekends ago to attend a wedding. A friend, a transplanted Canadian, chose to have a Canadian theme at her wedding. One of the original touches were these bouquets that she made herself for her attendants.  Each bouquet was personalized for the person who would carry it. Including charms and buttons etc all in red, white and black. The girls wore red, and looked great with the men in charcoal tuxes with red vests and ties. If you enlarge these photos you will see just how much work she put into them.



What fun would Christmas shopping be if we didn't treat ourselves to a few gifts while shopped?  I saw this red Brie baker and since I've wanted one for some time, and have been collecting red accents for my kitchen, it is perfect. I can't wait to use it, perhaps serving it with caramelized onions and cranberries. (More red!) 
I'll go out and finish my shopping tomorrow, and then it will be time to start baking.
I've been collecting some yummy recipes and can't wait to try them.


Time to start preparing supper..we're having pork scallopini, spaghetti and Caesar salad..would you like to join us? I'll even open a bottle of red.
xx

11 comments:

  1. I love red too oh so festive at this time of the year too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like red, but not bright, bright. however it is perfect for Christmas.. cause that is what the big man wears!

    good for you on the cut down on Christmas cards. I stopped sending any about two years ago
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very unique bouquets and I love the red pot!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sheila...I love the color red I call it my signature color...lots of it in my house...especially the kitchen and ofcourse I drive a little red convertible!....what a cute idea for bridesmade flowers...well, in this case buttons...I love different traditions that people have and that's what I love about blogging you get to see all these different things that you normally never would....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wouldn't it be delightful to have dinner together? Maybe we can one of these days. Your red brie baker is da bomb!
    8-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. yes! dinner with Gemma! lets!!! I hope I'm invited :)
    I know you love red. So do I! When I pulled out the red shopping bag the other day and you exclaimed, "Where did you get that!?" I had to laugh. We have exactly the same taste in things.
    :)
    Looking forward to actually having dinner with you this Christmas eve....:)
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know I'm too late for dinner but it did sound yummy.

    Red has become one of my favorite colors recently. I love those bouquets! They must have taken ages to make.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pork scallopini sounds wonderful. I would love to join you. Love red too! The bouquets were very creative.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your red Brie dish, perfect for this time of the year. Like you I'm nearly done with shopping now and all my cards are written too. Overseas ones have gone and others will go on Friday. The bouquets are really original, the bride is a clever lady.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those bouquets are absolutely gorgeous!
    I like red too, but I hardly ever used to wear it, as it doesn't go with my red hair. But recently I have aquired 2 red sweaters and I quite like them.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Omigosh, how awesome are those bouquets? A lot of work indeed went into them, how very special that the bride made them herself!! I have a lot of red in my kitchen so you can say that I love red as well! lol

    Lucky you to have finished your shopping so early. I'm almost done, just a few gift cards to buy and stocking stuffers. Everything else is done so soon I can just sit down and relax:-) xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. It's always good to have company!