18.10.10

~Feathers~


We are enjoying dog sitting. I walk Jesse each evening around 7:15pm, and he takes me on his preferred route. Doubtless he is led by his black button nose and his sense of smell. It is dark here at that time, and I enjoy glancing  into windows as I walk by, especially if lights are on. Innocent voyeurism, with a healthy dash of nosiness. We have had little or no cloud cover lately and the evenings are cool, last night I wore a winter jacket. The skies are a beautiful blue at that time, especially toward the west, where the sun has just disappeared below the horizon. The moon is waxing, and the Big Dipper (or Plough, as I knew it in England) and other stars stand out impressively.  It is breezy and the leaves on the ground are dry and rustling, and Jesse stops now and then and cocks his head, as if he hears something that is inaudible to my human ears. I have been feeling much better the past two weeks, and yesterday I felt GOOD. A participant in life not just a watcher. Last night I dreamt of feathers. Not like the collage of gloriously coloured peacock feathers above, but two simple feathers, a creamy pink/grey. Perhaps like those from a dove. With them was a tiny piece of down. I don't know what else the dream was about, or in what context they appeared, but they were lying on the ground and I was trying to decide whether to pick them up when I awoke.
I checked my dream book, and some online information, and all in all it seems to auger well. I hope so, I want be a participant again, in the fullest sense of the word.
Hope your week is good and all your dreams are sweet.

10 comments:

  1. Glad you are feeling better Sheila. Lots of love, Lynda x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dreaming of soft downy and pink/gray feathers has to be of a positive nature, my dream book says ones burdens in life will be light and easily borne! :)

    Glad you are feeling well and enjoying the sights around you, Sheila!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to hear you are feeling better. What a fascinating dream. I wish I would dream of feathers instead of disturbing things. I think it is the book I am reading right now. I must hurry and finish it, so I have better dreams.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you are feeling better, Sheila. Feathers, I think, are good.

    Sounds like you're having wonderful walks with Jesse.

    Hugs,
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so happy that you're feeling better. I loved reading about your walk with Jesse each evening. You have such a way with words....I almost felt as if I was there with you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Maybe having Jesse and doing the evening walk is helping. When I had my worst 'Black Dog Moment' I had to look after mums dog and it made me get out and do which helped amazingly. I know you don't have Black Dog, but the looking after and the walking may be helping xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dreams can be so very helpful I have kept a dream journal for many years. Feathers to lighten your load. I love that!
    Sweetest of dreams.....I do know what it is like to re-engage after being so very sick. It is good to hear you are feeling good again. One day at a time they say.
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is fun to watch for signs and symbols like your dream of feathers. Think it shows you are ready to participate or take flight. My love to you dearest Sheila.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A pretty picture of those colourful feathers, but my mum would never ever allow a peacock's feather in the house. VERY BAD LUCK!!!
    Glad you're feeling better. I've been doggysitting for a few days too, I'm very happy to do it and really enjoy going for walks, but I'm always glad when it's time for dear TessaDog to go home!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Funny Mum, your own mum would never let a peacock feather in the house either!!! Remember??
    It is a good omen. Feathers are new beginnings.
    xo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. It's always good to have company!