3.9.10

~Four years ago..~

Still lots of bees around,
and water lilies.
Canoes cleaned ready for storage,
and a quiet day at the Marina.
Old Willow trees, with crusty bark,
and  leaves still green.
Hot, humid and overcast,
as the day care children go to the splash pad to cool off.

It was four years ago at this time that I began blogging. It seems so much longer ago than that. I'll never be one of the 'elite' bloggers, the ones that have a theme, and a beautifully laid out page. I tend to change the look and the title (!) with my moods. Nevertheless, I enjoy keeping in touch with the people I have met on this journey, and I count many of them as my friends.
I will continue to post my photos, and babble on about nothing in particular as it's become a habit, the same way that checking on other blogs to see how people are, has become a habit.
The photos above were taken yesterday, we drove up to Lake Scugog for a picnic lunch  and sat at the water's edge and watched the world go by.

My first blog post in 2006 was about visiting farmer's markets, and I recall going out and taking photos. Fall was well underway and the colours had begun to change.
For now, it still feels like Summer and the trees are still green.
I hope you enjoy your Labor Day weekend, whatever you choose to do.

14 comments:

  1. Happy 4th Blogiversary, dear Sheila:-) How time flies when you're having fun!! I just feel so blessed that our paths crossed through our blogging and like you I so cherish the friendships I have made. One day we WILL meet in person!!!

    Beautiful pictures you're sharing with us today. It's the same over here, the trees haven't even started to change yet, everything is very green, summer flowers are still in bloom and the temperatures have been quite warm. Saying that, it's only gone up to 22c today and it's been raining on and off so it feels good, we really needed the rain. I'm actually quite looking forward to the cooler temperatures of Fall after having had such a hot and humid Summer.

    Always enjoy coming to visit you here:-) Love you! xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary on your fourth year blogging!

    Sheila... I didn't realize I started reading you right about the time you started. That particular summer in 2006 I was introduced to the world of blogging.

    I love what you post and always find everything interesting. You share parts of you, your family and what you care about. I, like Pea, feel blessed that our paths have crossed. It was meant to be!
    :))
    I too, hope and look forward to meeting you in person some day!

    Your photos are lovely. I would love to run my hand on the bark of that tree! So pretty!

    How long is your summer? It seems like it just got to you.

    (((Sheila)))
    XxX

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sheila, I think your blog is one of the prettiest blogs around, and your photos are always beautiful and inspiring. Don't ever change! And here's to many more years of blogging. I'm so happy I "met" you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy blog anniv. Sheila, I dont even remember what Iwrote in my first blog post I think I began in 2005? not sure. Many more happy posts from you I hope as I really enjoy reading here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Blogging Anniversary Sheila. Four years ago, I don't think I even knew of blogs. I'm thankful to have met you Sheila and hope we both keep blogging for as long as we want. I like the habit of coming here!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy bloggyversary, dear Sheila.
    I just had to go and check when I began my first blog 'the view from here' and it was April 2006!
    Long may our friendship continue!
    Much love, Lynda x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Because YOU decided to blog, MY life was changed.
    See how It's A Wonderful Life?

    You have a beautiful blog, elite or not! In my eyes it is, because it is yours.
    xo
    Happy Bloggin' Anniversary xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on 4 years, that is certainly a milestone. Celebrate with laughter!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I started blogging about the sme time as you did, November 2006 I think it was. I'd lave to look back to see what I blogged about but I think one of my first topics was Markham Fair. Which reminds me, this year's Markham Fair will be at the end of September.... see you there???

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy blogging anniversary, Sheila! I think I started about the same time as you. I'm so happy I found you. You have become a very dear friend, and you have a wonderful blog. Keep it up!

    Hugs,
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your photographs are lovely. Your words touch my heart.I am happy you are here. Some things are meant to be. Your being here has added a measure of grace to the blogging world.
    love you

    ReplyDelete
  12. I remember when you didn't have a blog.. before you started :).... however did you find me? I am glad you did xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Belated Blogavesary I have been AWOL this summer but hope to get back into the swing of blogging again this autumn.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. It's always good to have company!