10.5.10

~Living in the present~

One day at a time ~ this is enough.
Do not look back and grieve over the past for it is gone;
and do not be troubled about the future, for it has not yet come.
Live in the present, and make it so beautiful it will be worth remembering.
~ Author Unknown~


His name is Billy.
He is not my cat.
He thinks he is
but in fact he is anybody's.
He belongs to next door,
but he wanders at will
adopting neighbours 
half an hour at a time.
He sits and watches,
sleeps,
grooms himself,
and moves on.

He lives his life to the fullest.
He makes friends everywhere he visits,
not too proud to accept a snack
or a loving gesture from a stranger.
He doesn't use my garden as a litter box
nor does he dig in my flower beds,
otherwise he is totally disobedient
and goes where he pleases
unafraid of the consequences.

I think I could  learn from Billy.

7 comments:

  1. Billy has it made! He reminds me of how our Harley was when he was an outside cat. All the neighbors knew him and they assured me he was a polite visitor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to be disobedient once in the while. Love seeing Billy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. HI Janet, and Marilyn~~!!! Marilyn is the lady who makes the delicious chai apple butter mother!!!!

    Billy is a wise cat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, how beautiful. I think we can learn a lot from animals.

    Hugs,
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good for you, Billy! Live your life and enjoy being part of the big wide world. We should all take a lesson from Billy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Billy a handsome cat who walks by himself casting his charming spell wherever he roams.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. It's always good to have company!