29.12.09

~ON THE HORIZON ~





This photo is of Lake Ontario and shows the horizon.
If you are of average adult height, standing on flat ground, the visible distance to the horizon is just under 3 miles. If you feel energetic and want to climb a hill to a height of 330 feet, you may see as far away as 22 miles.
The part of the lake that is visible on this side of the horizon, is called the offing.
Another definition of the word 'offing' is 
the 'near or foreseeable future'.
For 2010 it is my intention to keep my feet firmly on the ground, with no desire to see ahead, just to live in the moment. To enjoy each day as it comes, regardless of what life has to offer.   Things will evolve as they should. I will let go of my worries and offer them up to the universe and let the powers that be take care of them.
All the universe asks in return is gratitude for what we have.
Whatever your resolutions or intentions for 2010, I wish you the very best for the coming year, 
and an unbounded joy for life and living.

And remember..
"Your only obligation in any lifetime is to be true to yourself." ~ Richard Bach

12 comments:

  1. Beautiful words, Sheila. I, too, want to live in the moment and enjoy each and every day. It seems so simple but we all seem to get caught up in "life"....I still strive for that simplicity.

    Happy New Year!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that is a good resolution. I think I may steal it!

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Sheila, What wise words! I hope you and Ivo have a wonderful year together and I hope your spring is filled with fragrant wallflowers in all the colours of a persian carpet! (if Jack Frost allows!)
    Sending big hugs and much love across the pond from Lynda

    ReplyDelete
  4. wise words Sheila and we all will have a full year to pracitise them... wishing you and your family a very happy new year and all the best!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is all we really have. I can honestly say I am glad I am here in this moment sending my love and New Years wishes to you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am holding your hand while we both strive to live in the present moment... we can do this Sheila!! savouring each and every moment and what it brings to us..and finding the blessing in it xoxo
    thanks tons for your friendship over the years xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think you're wise. We should all appreciate the present more and live life to the full. People should learn to recognise contentment when they have it. It's often overlooked in the quest for fleeting fun and excitement.
    Happy new year, Sheila. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for those words. I've had some difficulties just recently, but I am convinced that worrying just makes things worse.... so i shall live in the present, not worry about the past, and savour whatever life brings!
    Happy New Year to you and your family, Sheila!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy New Year to you and yours, dear Sheila! I'm taking a break from decluttering and cleaning so that I can catch up with my bloggy friends:-) I love the idea of taking each day as it comes and not worrying about the future...I need to remember that. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy New Year Sheila, I hope that 2010 brings you both good health and happiness. Living in the moment is a wise philosophy.

    ReplyDelete
  11. If I could only put into practice what I know to be true....

    Wishing you much love.

    ReplyDelete
  12. A Happy and Healthy New Year to you and all your family, dear Sheila :)

    Wonderful sentiments in your post...

    Fancy seeing all the wildlife i've been capturing over the past four weeks?

    http://ourlittlecornerofparadise.blogspot.com/2010/01/importance-of-finding-beauty-in-light.html

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. It's always good to have company!