4.9.09

~Summer is back for a while..~


Summer seems to be back this week. We never know for how long, so we made the most of yesterday by visiting friends, and spending the day on the lake. Boating up the river to the lock, then though the lock and into the lake. Some of the trees are starting to change colour already. The sky was a brilliant blue and not a cloud to be seen. I could take 365 of these days a year
After stopping and dropping lines in different places, Ivo caught a lovely small mouth bass. After photographing it was released back into the lake. At the end of the day we went back with our friends to have a great BBQ, and to finish the evening chatting with coffee and desert before driving home. There were three bear sightings around their neighbourhood yesterday, but we didn't see one. Maybe next time.

11 comments:

  1. Thanks for taking me to these places with you... the boat ride is enjoyable and i shriek with delight with the catch!
    phew, what a journey, sheila!
    xoxoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely day you must have had! Glad the sun shone for you. xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks as if you and Ivo had a peaceful, relaxing day on the water. We are most definitely still having summer out here! But when we have that perfect day I know just how you feel....365 of them would be wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmmm Love being on the water. Sounds like a beautiful day. Lee does the "catch and release" with his fish too. That must be fun going through a lock like that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a nice series of pictures! I enjoyed every one of them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. do you ever eat the fish you catch? I love fresh fish!

    I will be catching up with you via blogs now.. closing fb tomorrow... taking up way too much of my time there! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely few days we have had, and what a shame we didn't have more of them throughout our rather soggy dismal summer! Oh well, can't do anything about it! Nice pictures, what fun to go on a boat ride and do a bit of fishing on a sunny day... a very enjoyasble end-of-summer activity.

    ReplyDelete
  8. When I read Trent and Severn I thought for a moment you were back in England, Sheila... :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like a perfect day to me! Is that the Lock in Port Severn? If so, I go there often to watch the boats coming in or out when I'm on my way to Barrie:-)

    Isn't it unbelievable that weather we've been having lately? It's the summer we never had! I don't care if it's September, I'll take it! lol

    Hope all is well with you and please know that I think of you often. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Bonjour! How lovely ! so tranquil and peaceful.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thankyou for sharing your beautiful day!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. It's always good to have company!