13.4.09

~ In my garden this week ~ #5


The bunnies are back. This one showed up on Easter Sunday, after being absent for most of the winter. I looked for his prints in the snow but had not seen them for months. He didn't bring chocolate, instead he brought a set of hand tools, as my others had seen better days.
Today was beautiful, and I spent most of the afternoon outside. I had a robin and Billy, next door's cat for company. One to entertain me, and one to supervise. I leave it up to you to guess who did what!
Last week I managed to finish the area along side the walkway. It will soon be blooming with spring bulbs and I planted some pansies. It is going up to 20c on Friday, so things will move quickly now.
Not much happening in the back, one or two violets, some pansies and the crocus and forget me nots are coming through at last.
This is what I did this afternoon. This is a narrow side yard that gets little or no sun, and is always the last to thaw. I cleaned out all the leaves and rubbish from under the cedar hedge, and tidied up and dug over the border under the kitchen window. The honeysuckle, foxgloves, pinks, holly and sedum have all survived.
I raked around and under the hedges on two sides, and then ran out of steam. Tomorrow I will finish this off, and then start working on the borders.
What's happening in your garden this week..?

8 comments:

  1. OH MY GOODNESS.... your bunnies are HUGE! I love your colorful and creative collages.

    Happy Spring to yoU!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you've been busy, Sheila. Your garden looks pretty!

    Enjoy your spring days.
    Hugs,
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  3. What synchronicity that you saw a bunny on Easter. Love all the signs and symbols from nature. Your garden looks so pretty. Do you have blisters?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aloha sheila,
    thanks so mcuh for the easter card, you're very thoughtful.
    I love looking at how your garden is progressing along.
    Mine is a deluge right now, under grey skies, but the weekend will be an Orchestra of Lawn mowers as the season of lawn cutting starts..lol.
    peace, Kai

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love seeing what other people are up to in the garden. Nice to know I'm not alone!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, look at that, you even get a visit from the Easter Bunny and he leaves you a gift! hehe Our snow is just now mostly gone so I'm going to wait a couple of days to let everything dry out a bit before attempting to rake the yard and clean out my flowerbeds. I had crocuses blooming underneath the snow...hardy little things, aren't they! lol You did a great job on your yard, I know what a lot of work it is but so worth it to see the green grass peeking through:-) It's sunny here again today and supposed to go up to 12c so it will be nice to be able to open the windows and doors and let the fresh air in! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. you sure were working hard! isn't it so nice to see hints of bright colours again?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Things are looking good at your house. How nice that the bunny came on Easter Sunday!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. It's always good to have company!