19.3.09

~Time marches on~


Until three years ago I worked full time. Horrible hours..from 5am until 1pm. I would get up at 3.45am get showered and dressed, make the bed, eat and leave for the office. It made it somewhat easier that PH worked the same hours, so I didn't have to get up alone and that helped. I did it for 23 years. I hadn't realised until I 'retired' that I actually liked those hours. Early to bed, early to rise..well you know the saying. These days, while I work for my daughter I only work 4 days a week. I now have a three day weekend and I find I get less done than I did when working full time. I was far more organized when my time was at a premium, and with that in mind for the last year or so I have been trying to get things in order. On my side bar I have added links ...of interest...which I often refer to when I need inspiration or a solution to simplifying a job I tend to put off. TipNut.com and Simple Mom are both excellent. Simple Mom has printable lists that help jog my scattered brain. Perhaps I'm a type A personality, but by approaching the everyday chores as a 'job' I find it clears my head and gives me more spare time to do other things with my family and Blogging!

8 comments:

  1. Hi Sheila...Crossing fingers and toes hoping all is well.
    I loved the herb spiral on tipnut and I want to put zen habits on my favorites. Thank you for sharing these.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sheila,
    I think I was much better organized when I worked full time. Now it just seems as though there aren't enough hours in the day.
    I'll check out your links :)
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was better organised when I was at work too... but I absolutely LOVE being a retired person! However, I am just as busy now if not more so.
    I'm co-producer of our local variety show which takes place at the end of April.... so that takes up a lot of my time right now.
    How about coming to the show, Sheila? We're only just down the road from you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't the foggiest what that makes you Sheila, but I know we expand the work to fit the time we have to do it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can relate somewhat... I feel like I got so much done when I had four kids and all of their scheduals that came with each one. I don't think I get anything done compared to what I used to. I was so organized... I really don't know what happened.

    I hope all is well
    XoX

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sheila - thanks for the links - just off to look now - I love to be organised!! I have more time now than I did when the kids were little, but I know I got more done back then than now with more free time on my hands!! lol...maybe I am just slowing down?!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I do know what you mean, Sheila, for there are days when I would have achieved more had I been more organised.

    But, on the whole, my life is so frenetically busy, I often wonder how I managed to fit in my work before I retired as my life seems to have got busier nowadays...and there never seems to be enough hours in the day for me to accomplish all I would like to do :)

    I do love that picture of you with Madison...I bet she is growing like a wee mushroom :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am the same way: when my work schedule is structured, I HAVE to be more organized...but when I am off for the extended break...chores have to be "scheduled" in.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. It's always good to have company!